Thread: Eurasian Sparrow

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Eurasian Sparrow

Name:  Weidensperling_1200x800.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  440.3 KB
    Eurasian Sparrow taken in Bulgaria from the car.
    EOS 50D
    EF 500mm f/4.5L @ f7.1 and 1/1250
    ISO 250

Hope you like it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the composition here. The two out of focus branches in the foreground are distracting. Nice flowers as well.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Frank,
    I like the backwards look and a nice composition. The flowers add a nice touch. Agree with John about the oof branches - the top one could be very easily removed.
    Allen

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice composition and bird. I'd clone out the 2 sticks. Also I'd like a touch more room so the white flowers on the right are not at the edge of the frame.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nicely designed with a perfect head angle. The stick in the clear would be easy to remove. The other one would be more difficult. I'd recommend using the Patch Tool or some Quick Masks or Content Aware Fill for most of the work rather than the Clone Stamp Tool. If that fits with your personal ethics.

with love, arite
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear all,

thanks for the constructive critisim!

My thoughts of the stick/branch in the clear: I removed the stick quite a time ago but have to say that for me this will yield in an unbalanced composition because the gap/opening is to big so I stayed with the image the way it is.
    I will give it a second try and post the cleaned up image. First I have to do the rework + posting of my other image.

What are yur thoughts right now?

Regards,

Frank

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I like it more like this Frank. In the future it would help others that read this if you left the original up top but added the repost below. This way people could follow the thread and critiques. Also you can post your photo much larger than you did. Site allows up to 1920 square. As presented it is very hard to critique, especially for those of us with 4k/5k monitors.

I did a quick removal of the 2 sticks which is very hard on such a tiny image. Also ran some noise reduction on the background and sharpened bird and plant a touch more. Didn't take the time to have perfect selections, just giving an idea of what could be done.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Isaac

Thanks for the quick and nice image editing!

Yes the branches are not nice and do not fit in the image. What is your perception of the relatively large and "empty" area more or less in the middle?

Hopefully this comment will be at the bottom. I thought the longest side needs to be no longer than 1200 pixels. The next will be 1920.

Frank