Thread: Hello from the UK!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hello from the UK!

Hi,
    Just joined BPN, seemed like a good time as I've more or less recovered from a bout of back pain and sciatica which resulted in almost a whole year of not getting out with my camera :(
    Well, I'm more or less healed now, just got back from a week in Spain, it was great to finally be behind a view finder again but ****, am I out of practice! It wasn't strictly a birding holiday but I still managed to get a few shots in: Griffon Vultures, Cormorants, White Storks, Flamingos... Spanish Pond Turtle (not a bird!)
    We flew into Malaga so restricted ourselves to that general area and visited El Chorro, Tarifa, and La Linea during our week. Amazing trip, hoping to go back again very soon with a longer lens!
    If anyone can offer any suggestions of areas of interest in the Malaga vicinity it would be greatly appreciated.
    I plan to get out as much as possible now and get my photography back to where it once was, and beyond! I'll get some photos up on the forum asap.
    Regards,
    Jim

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jim, welcome to BPN! Glad to hear your back is doing better, and looking forward to your participation!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Jim the warmest of welcome's from another brit,have the best time here mate. I'm glad your on the mend sciatica is no fun have that T shirt I got mended by needles very strange but somehow all is well I really hope your recovery is good and permanant..

I can't wait to see what you do Jim,much to learn here !!

take care

stu

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Many thanks for the welcome guys!
    I'll be heading out to a local RSPB site tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll have something good to post in a few days!