Thread: Wood Stork

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wood Stork

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. I first saw a Wood Stork after moving to Florida seventeen years ago. I was doing golf then, not photography. On the thirteenth hole at a wet area a Wood Stork was wading and feeding, a golfing friend identified the bird for me. I have become very fond of these birds and love photography them. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
    1/3200 F/8 Matrix Metering EV +1/3 ISO 800
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful shot, I too, love these birds, but I believe they are becoming a rarity around where I visit in Florida. I only see them in small numbers and when I first came to Florida for two months, each winter, that was 13 years ago. I used to see them in much greater quantity. I can' find anything wrong with your image except you might add a bit to the right side in front of the bird. Great shooting and thanks for posting.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Joe - These have been my favorite birds since the 70's. I love them. I don't know if you could have gotten higher up to get only the water in the BG or maybe waited till he was just in front of the green in the BG. Circle B is a wonderful place, but tough to get nice BG's there. Keep em coming. Thanks for sharing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good wing position on the bird with a nice composition. Wish the background was more out of focus. Not much you could do about that.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You have a nice wing position and eye contact here. I agree that the background is not ideal. The bird has a strong blue cast to it. Not sure what is causing that when this is taken in nice sunlight. Are you adding blue to your images?