Thread: Common Merganser - "Slide on In"

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Common Merganser - "Slide on In"

Attached Images Attached Images

Wasn't in the prefect spot for the arrival of this Merg but he was close enough and my view unobstructed just enough to follow him through most of his coming in. I especially like his feet on the water and morning light - just wish his back wing were raised in parallel to the front but he was banking so one rudder had to be lowered.
    Details: D850+Sigma 500, HH, 1/500, 5.6, ISO 500, Manual, C1P raw/PS CCC 2018 adjustments/Crop/NR/SS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good pose and timing. I like the water starting to break. I like the two colored BG, but wish that the green band extended all the way across the top and there wasn't the middle yellow chunk. Obviously not a deal breaker though. I think I would clone out that second catchlight, I saw there was a bit of a discussion about it a couple posts back and I agree that it just makes things look a bit sharper. Looks like you've been getting some great stuff with your D850. Jealous! TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

pretty cool Lnading pose Joel, nice light and details. do you have the frame before this when both wings were stretched back like a parachute?

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    pretty cool Lnading pose Joel, nice light and details. do you have the frame before this when both wings were stretched back like a parachute?

TFS
    here are the two cropped but unedited frames just before - I took 7 frames total I think.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice landing pose and colors. I like the skidding feet across the calm water. Would be interested in what the included reflection would look like if available. Handheld @ 1/500 with the D850 is impressive. I don't shoot mine with the long lens hand held unless I have to and then at 1/2500+++.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Whaley View Post
    Nice landing pose and colors. I like the skidding feet across the calm water. Would be interested in what the included reflection would look like if available. Handheld @ 1/500 with the D850 is impressive. I don't shoot mine with the long lens hand held unless I have to and then at 1/2500+++.
    Yeah, well that's funny right there. 1/500 would be impressive... lol
    I wanted my ISO low so was using SS to compensate... no, not 500... add another "0" on that there number! :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the OP best. I like the detail you captured on the bird, and the perfect moment for landing, as not to disturb the water too much.

Will