Thread: Big horned sheep (juv)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Big horned sheep (juv)

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DX, Canon 100-400 L IS II @ 400mm, ISO 1600, 1/1250 sec f5.6
    ACR & PSCC
    An image from Yellowstone, September 2016, hand held, I remember I was quite surprised how close I could get, I sort of walked indirectly feigning no interest in them.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon -- I liked the variety you keep on sharing with us. A beautiful looking animal here , i like the soft muted colours and details in your subject . Looks slightly dark to me , I might increase the exp to +0.10 or +0.20 while keeping an on the whites on its lower back portion. I would have also liked some more space at the foot.

TFS !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ditto the soft beautiful colours. Goes well with what looks like a gentle little animal. Subject is a little too tightly in the bottom right corner imho..... Hassebs suggestion of more space at the bottom would fix that imho

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon - It's great that you got so close and I too like the soft colors (though I'm seeing a slight blue tinge on areas of the face and lower body). I agree with the suggestion for a little more room below but overall a very nice frame.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nicely presented image of this sheep and great you were able to get fairly close. The sheep pops nicely from the environment and good to have obstructions clear of the head and upper body - not bothered by the obscured legs. I do agree with Rachel that this looks a bit blue and Haseeb on a touch more below also.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I cannot be dead sure but I thought I did remove blue before resizing, I have just had a look at the jpeg and removed blue, I can't really see any difference, maybe different eyes different screens.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jon, not a lover of the shooting angle, looking down and I feel the WB looks a bit off, possibly somewhere between the two?

As the subject was on the move you really wanted around 1/2000 I feel and you had the ISO up your sleeve, but looks OK as presented.

Colour perhaps subjective, but backing off in Contrast, Blacks, Shadows, tweaking the Lights & HL I think perhaps gets to when it needs to go in terms of the direction.

TFS
    Steve