Thread: Beautiful Girl !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Beautiful Girl !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone , thank you for all your comments and suggestions on my previous post .

Here is a Tiger cub from last bandhavgarh trip. Unfortunately she didn't quite made it to adulthood as she was killed by a rogue male Tiger. But during her time in the wild she was a very adorable creature. Was always bullied by her brothers (3 of them) but she had her own way when it came to sharing the food. This is an early morning image , just before crossing over she stood and gave us a nice look.

DPP 4.5, CS6, WB, exposure, curves, selective colour, reduced the contrast, color balance, NR, Sharpening, No cropping (FF).

Canon 5D MK III, Canon 500mm f4 IS II.

1/320 sec; f/5.6; ISO 2000 ( would opted for higher ss if i am shooting the same now ).

All your comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is one of my favorite tiger images i have seen on here. Like the direct stare,pose, background and detail.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I would probably add a little contrast, but it is still quite nice as is.
    If anything, I would also take a sliver off the top.
    What a beautiful pose and details!
    TFS.

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - This is probably one of your best tiger images posted. Nice pose and the head turn/eye contact take it up a notch. I like the clear view of the tiger but still a good look at the habitat. I would prefer her to be a little less centered in the frame. I also might have gone for a little more dof to have the body sharp as well. You must have been fairly close. Agree with your self-critique about the ss but the face is sharp.

TFS,
    Rachel

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful tigress indeed! Sorry to hear she didn't make it. Love the way the subject stands out with clean BG. TFS.

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions , much appreciated.

Will try the crop suggestion as mentioned above. I missed having 1DX MK II at that time , would have allowed me to go higher with iso and in turn more DOF. I could have gone higher with the 5D also , say atleast iso 6400 or even iso 8000, but sudden tiger sighting and not checking the settings before entering the park resulted in the above techs. Have tried to constantly build on the above mistakes since then.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, this is a real beauty Haseeb. Hard to beat a cute cub staring at you along with a good clear view and nice background. I agree with Rachel's thoughts on DOF and composition to make this even better but still a really wonderful image.

12. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful cat, too bad about her being killed. I'm with Rachel regarding the comp. I think the image need more room on the right. Loi

14. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Haseeb, sad to hear another Tiger doesn't get to adulthood, it's so important.

A bit tighter in the crop just to get a bit more emphasis on the subject, but not a huge amount. Techs, agree with you, but you know the benefits so no need to cover that. More DoF, not sure and why, body appears to be angled away so how much would you need guys, but the BKG looks far enough away so that isn't an issue to retain that bokeh backdrop, personally I'm OK as presented.

A tad of Vib & Sat, use the Tonal Curve just to lift things, reduce the Contrast, add some Exposure to the FG, just seems to perk the image up a little in layering, WDYT?

TFS
    Steve

16. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Steve -- Thank you for the RP . This looks a bit improved . I liked the crop suggestion . I think the RP looks slightly crunchy, something between the OP and the RP i guess would be just fine here ? WDYT ?