Thread: Kerry from Toronto

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Kerry from Toronto

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all. This is my first post on this site and I am excited to have the opportunity to see some great photography and receive meaningful, considered critiques for my own shots. I bought my first camera about two years ago, so I am still pretty new at this.
    This image was shot on a month-long canoe trip with my wife in August of 2017. It was shot along the Bloodvein River, a remote white-water river that runs from Northwestern Ontario through to Lake Winnipeg in Manitoba.
    I confess that I messed with the pixels in this image bit. I wasn’t as careful as I might have been composing this shot. I was so intent on the mist that I didn’t give quite enough space to the sky. So, in post, I used the Transform function in Ps to stretch the sky a tad and squeeze the rock face a tad to get the whole image more to the rule of thirds. I think it is more balanced and closer to my experience than out of the camera. The image was processed in Ps using Tony Kuyper's TKv6 panel.
    EXIF: The image was captured with a Fujifilm X-T1 using the Fujinon 18-135mm lens. ISO 200, 21.6mm, 1/125 sec, f/14.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey there Kerry, welcome to BPN! Neat image, I could not tell that you stretched the sky...good job.