Thank You Posts

Default Arctic Fox

Attached Images Attached Images

An Arctic Fox in February 2015. Iceland
    810D - 500mm f4 - ISO 500 - f4 - 1/400

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sigurjon - Welcome to BPN and to the Wildlife Forum in particular. An excellent first post. I like the head on stare and the patch of snow in lower right balances the image nicely. This has a definite cute factor too. It helps with the critique process if you let us know what post processing program you are using and give as an idea of the adjustments made as well as any crop. Some of the whites are hot and some of the blacks a little choked. I have a feeling it is due to contrast added in post and other adjustments. In the field I would have gone for a bit more dof and ss. Were you using a tripod?

The best way to get the most out of BPN is to dive right in and become part of the community. The best way to do that is to actively participate by posting comments too. We recommend posting comments on 3-5 other wildlife images each time you post one of your own. Your comments don't have to be technical. Just tell us what you like and/or don't like about the image.

Looking forward to seeing more of your images.

TFS,
    Rachel

3. Thanks Ákos Lumnitzer, Sigurjon Einarsson thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this - stands out well against the background. Love the dusting of snow on his mouth.

5. Thanks Sigurjon Einarsson thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lots for me to like here, Sigurjon. I especially like your composition with the fox on one side and foreground snow and grass on the other side to balance. It works very well for me. Rachel has made some good comments on the highlights and shadows although to my eye that are not a major issue but still worth a revisit. I'll look forward to seeing more of your work.

7. Thanks Sigurjon Einarsson thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sigurjon, lovely post. I really like the framing with the little mound of snow in the lower right corner, and the now on the face along with the direct stare all work well. I think you could have gone with a higher f-stop in the field, as to me, the nose looks a little sharper than the eyes, and you had plenty of ISO available to work with.

Hope to see more, looks like you have some interesting species to share with us

Mike

9. Thanks Sigurjon Einarsson thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sigurjon -- A big welcome to BPN ! What a beautiful looking subject . I agree with the above comments . Keep posting here and you will see the improvement in your images . A nice one to start . TFS !

11. Thanks Sigurjon Einarsson thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

For me it would also work as a tighter crop, minus snow in the LRC. It kind of just hangs there, not enough to add any compositional value.

TFS!