Thread: Hi-Res Harrier

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hi-Res Harrier

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken at Bosque del Apache late last year with my new Nikon gear. We found a Harrier patrolling a field at regular intervals so we camped out and waited for it to complete a few loops, capturing some nice frames each time.

Nikon D850, 600mm + 1.4x, f/5.6, 1/4000, ISO 800, manual exposure, hand held
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice, with beautiful detail on the bird. I like the BG colours which show the bird real good. Lovely facial features and a great look at the underwing. Great work.

Well done Doug.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great detail on this harrier. Your plan certainly paid off.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image man! everyday while in Bosque last month I tried over and over again to try and get the Harrier like this with no luck. This is a great image and not easy to get.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic image Doug, the details are awesome. Really nicely paid off waiting in position.
    Congrats mate!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raybel Robles View Post
    Lovely image man! everyday while in Bosque last month I tried over and over again to try and get the Harrier like this with no luck. This is a great image and not easy to get.
    Enjoyed meeting you at the Bosque Ray! I remember you telling me about your quest for a good Harrier shot. I think I got this shot the day after we met. Still can't believe you recognized me with all that cold weather gear on!
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great work Doug, you guys have some great opportunities but you still need the talent and ability to make the most of the situations. Looks like the Nikon fan club is growing daily and with detail like this you can see why

Mike

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Getting near a harrier in the east is so difficult. I would love an opportunity like this. I just purchased a ghillie suit to see if it will help me in my quest for a proper harrier photo. You have a nice cruising pose here against a perfect background. On the 5k imac I am seeing noise in the belly and the underwing and the shot does not look tack sharp to me. Not sure if it is an issue with the new sizing or what? Is this a large crop?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doug, great flying pose with the raised wings, and I like the angle into the frame. Great view of the head, eye and beak, and the BG compliments the Harrier nicely.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Couldn't ask for better here Doug. The tight crop works because of the great detail you have here and the background and setting really makes this.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Brown View Post
    Enjoyed meeting you at the Bosque Ray! I remember you telling me about your quest for a good Harrier shot. I think I got this shot the day after we met. Still can't believe you recognized me with all that cold weather gear on!

I always keep an eye of the different photographers at Bosque to see if I can recognize someone from the forum. :)

It was a pleasure meeting you guys! To bad it was on the same morning I was leaving to Dallas and we couldn't shoot together. Hopefully next time!