Thread: European Bison bulls ....rubbing their heads

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default European Bison bulls ....rubbing their heads

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks time for short break from the seals ...more to come soon.
    Back to the European Bisons from Kraansvlak ,taken in the very last hours of my recent visit on a very dark and rainy morning .
    Hope you like it.

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 500 IS L II
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 12800 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with C1 and PS CC 2018 ; i wish for more room on top but i do have no more sadly , fault happened in the field ...LOL !

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread ....

Cheers Andreas

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I quite like this. It would be nicer without the bright grass over the left bison's face and the right hand one's head being a little higher but still a nice image. Very jealous of the IQ at ISO 12800!

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas!

I do agree with your comment about the lack of space at the top, but still very thoughtful composition here and I love the interaction. Superb tones and colours, great detail. Not sure about the bunch of grasses, it is a tad bothersome but somehow it adds depth:)
    Thank you so much for those images shared in the Story Sequences Forum - I hope the members would take a few minutes to view and share their thoughts. I certainly enjoyed it

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the interaction captured in this one Andreas and not bothered by the lack of space at the top as the heads are where my attention is drawn. While the light may have been poor (and I hope you didn't get wet), it has made for a nice image. For some reason, the grass in front of the left animal doesn't bother me - perhaps because it just looks like it fits the scene well. The rich tones and detail on the animals are what I always enjoy with your bison shots and this one is no exception.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Works nicely and illustrates well about pushing the ISO, something you and I have been saying for a very long time!!! If it's well exposed then thee is no issue. Personally I think because of the tightness above, I would come in a bit more on the RHS wil=th no harm to the overall crop.

TFS
    Steve

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas I am sure it is a super image ....
    (- sorry just too big for me to see in its entirety either in the browser or in PS, my screen is not big enough.)

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Excellent behavioral image and interaction with great detail and tones. I agree with you about the space at the top but would consider cropping some more off the top to make it look more deliberate. A shame about those pesky grasses but nothing you could do about it.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks very good for that high ISO. Agree about the grassed in the foreground. Like the interaction here.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- A nice moment indeed , again well timed . Great IQ inspite of the high ISO . the grass is a bit of a distraction but sadly you could have done nothing about it . Very nicely processed as well . TFS !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Andreas I am sure it is a super image ....
    (- sorry just too big for me to see in its entirety either in the browser or in PS, my screen is not big enough.)
    Apologies for going off-topic a bit here but for Jon, I'm guessing you are using a Windows machine, not a Mac? My browser (Firefox) allows me to open an image by right clicking while the cursor is over the image. I get a list of menu items one of which is 'View image'. This one will present the image in its entirety. Zooming works with Control + and Control - key combinations. I suspect there will be a similar option in other browsers. To return, simply click the back button in your browser. Hope that helps.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fabulous detail as always Andreas,the EU winter colours really grab me they are perfect to me,plus the tonal range and colour of the bison ,which I don't know so well,the cold and grey and rain I do though

Yup a few feet backwards for me to give those few inches up top,but no biggy, my eyes are drawn so strongly to the heads even the grasses don't bother me

Very cool Andreas.