Thread: How about this?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default How about this?

Attached Images Attached Images

Just got back from a camping trip and saw all the comments on the new posting size. I think it is great, as I have a 5K monitor, but I can also see the side of the members that don't have a larger monitor. Kind of a double edged sword. As Arash mentioned, just like your new TV, eventually most monitors will wind up being 4k.
    I would think that there are many more members that don't have a large monitor as opposed to the ones that do. I have been reading and talking to others in the last 24 hours about the change and the problems with viewing the images without to much hassle. Not sure what the solution is? There may not be one?
    Not sure if the server can handle it but what if the people that wanted to post at 1920px also posted a 1200px image for the people that don't have 4-5K monitors? It would be a little more work but it might be worth it. I know a few sites that have members posting 10-15 large images with no problem. Like I said, not sure what the site can handle and what the management thinks but I figured it was worth a shot. Let me know what you think?

Here is a juvie Red-shouldered Hawk that caught if flight a few months ago. Hope you like it.

1DX---840mm---f5.6---ss1/3200th---ISO640---Handheld@8:15am---30% crop

Thanks as always for looking and for your input. I appreciate it.

David
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey David, I think this is a wonderful idea. If the website can handle double images everyone posting that wanted to could post a 1920 and 1200 pixel images. Lovely flight image of a juvenile Red-shouldered Hawk. I posted on recently that I needed help identifying. Thank you for possibly finding a reasonable solution to posting.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

3. Thanks David Salem thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great image! Lovely wing position and BG.

The idea is great. I actually suggested the same of double posting earlier today in another thread. I think it's a nice solution.
    Last edited by Raybel Robles; 01-17-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Joe. Lets see what everyone thinks.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Raybel. I was typing while you were posting.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

**** this looks sweet. The his res shot looked the best but these 2 still are rockin! I can just feel that warm southern California sun on that bird. Such a great pose and background with that killer raptor stare to boot.

Not sure I would want to be bothered posting in 2 sizes but I am fine with others doing it.

8. Thanks David Salem thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave, Excellent image the head is tack sharp and I love love the slight motion blur on the rest, it gives the image life. Killer BG also.
    The Idea of posting 2 images at different sizes is a good idea for those of you want larger images.

-Tim
    Last edited by Tim Foltz; 01-17-2018 at 10:50 PM.

10. Thanks David Salem thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Nice take off Dave and maybe your double posting will "take-off" too! I dont like the division and hassle it causes for those folks without 4/5K monitors.... We shall see.

12. Thanks David Salem thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

wow love the intensity of take off, tack sharp with sweet light and BG, what else can you as for

The small version doesn't do justice to this beautiful image. I am afraid that posting two files will make the site a bit cluttered and convoluted. Overtime I think the small images will disappear as the obsolete monitors go out of service....

talk to you soon
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

14. Thanks David Salem thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful shot, David. The two size posting works for me but a bit of a hassle for you? Detail is gorgeous especially on the larger version (even though I can't see the whole thing on my screen). The price is that it does show up anything that's OOF and could be overlooked more easily on a smaller image. I'm sure we'll all improve our technique as a result of posting bigger, not to mention deleting a lot more. Anyway, back to your image, the tonal rendering and colour look excellent on this too and lovely background that works well with the bird.

16. Thanks David Salem thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Awesome image here David. I love the intensity in the eyes. Sweet BG.

I somehow missed the posting size discussion a few threads down! I'm in the same boat as most for the time being, therefore posting two sizes is a good idea to transition through the change IMO. In time things will sort out.

18. Thanks David Salem thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beauty Dave! Not sure how I feel about the increased image size. Works well on my desktop but I have to pan on my laptop. Maybe your hybrid solution will work for the time being.
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

20. Thanks David Salem thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dave, brilliant IQ on this fellow, great head turn, and overall, the light is just perfect. With the larger size, the detail pops. Killer BG too.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone. Glad you like the frame.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks like most of you are ok with the idea of posting two images. I am also seeing that something more in the 1600px range seems to fit nice too. I will mention that everyones larger postings look Awesome!! I really like seeing all the nice details in these files and they really do make a big difference in the viewing experience .
    As someone mentioned on another post, it's going to make everyone even more aware of what a really sharp shot looks like. A little soft or a little noisy and they are going to be enhanced in these larger files.
    I laugh with my friends about how it made me even more discerning once I got my 5K monitor. Images that I thought were kind of ok were not nearly as good as they looked on a smaller cheaper monitor. When a shot is really sharp on my 5K monitor, you know its about as sharp as it can be.

Looks like the size increase is going to work out for the best for everyone in the long run. Thanks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice David. Lovely looking frame. Love the intensity on the face. Great detail and a very nice flight pose.

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Glenn wrote: "The two size posting works for me but a bit of a hassle for you?"

Detail is gorgeous especially on the larger version (even though I can't see the whole thing on my screen). The price is that it does show up anything that's OOF and could be overlooked more easily on a smaller image. I'm sure we'll all improve our technique as a result of posting bigger, not to mention deleting a lot more. Anyway, back to your image, the tonal rendering and colour look excellent on this too and lovely background that works well with the bird.

Thanks Glenn,

Actually prepping two sizes is pretty fast and easy, so not really too much of a hastel and it's great that everybody can see your images easily.
    I will admit I'm really liking the larger posting size though. As you mentioned it's going to make us all a bit more aware of our images and probably raise the bar a bit higher.
    Thanks again
    Last edited by David Salem; 01-23-2018 at 12:42 AM.

26. Thanks Glenn Pure thanked for this post