Thank You Posts

Default yellow eye ash viper

Attached Images Attached Images

nikon d 810
    300 mm f 4

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I can imagine this was rather less than easy to photograph Stuart. Getting what may regarded as an ideal pose would I imagine take some considerable skill time knowledge and patience. I like the colours in the snake and the eyes and nostrils are sharp I find the image a little awkward to interpret accurately I can't work out if the pink areas are undersides of the snake or it is actually coiled around something.
    The background is slightly uneven in colouration I suspect this is due to processing rather than actuality because it is very delineated. (??)
    I hope this doesn't sound too negative because I do find it a very interesting image.
    BTW how big is this snake??

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stuart. I like the head-on view and you have very nice sharpness around the "face" where you most need it.

Jon - this is a relatively small snake. The ones I have seen in Costa Rica are around 18 inches (45 cm) in length.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Colour palette here is so striking and you have detail in the critical area around the eye and head. I'm trying to figure out what the snake is wrapped around - presumably part of a plant. Background is great and really helps this one pop. A very punchy image.