Thread: Tui

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tui

Attached Images Attached Images

Another New Zealand Bird- the tui which is also known as the parson bird because of the 2 white feathers that look like a collar.
    BG will be a bit much for some but I quite like.
    Canon 1 DX
    600mm 1.4x
    ISO 1250 F 6.3 SS 1/800
    PP crop to ~ 70 % FF, LR and photoshop. Cloned out a grass touching the back.
    Comments and critiques are always learned from and appreciated with thanks,
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

As soon as I opened it, the first thing that caught my eye was the beautiful detail and colours on the bird. Lovely pose and a nice HA. The only part that is catching my eye in a negative way is the OOF perch at the top. I would clone out the lighter parts. Nice BG.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hard to imagine a better pose and head angle. I love that perch. It's so cool looking. Background is excellent. Only thing I am not crazy about are the set of out of focus grasses.

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a great looking bird, and your capture, Gail. You've done nice work getting the iridescence on the primaries, head, and tail. Amazing feathers and wonderful detail. I like the BG as well.

Geoffrey

http://https://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fabulous work Gail. I tried many times for these when in NZ early in 2017 with no luck. This is a real cracker especially the colour you've shown here and tones. I'm happy with the background and perch. From what I saw, these birds are usually in more cluttered environments. Th only thing I'm missing is the call - they are truly delightful to listen to. Not sure why you haven't posted this one a bit bigger. Looks like it would hold up just fine.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Always fun to get new birds. You've captured lovely colors on this one, and in the beautiful bg as well. I don't personally mind the oof grasses, although I could imagine a version without them. In a perfect world the little stubby branch at his belly wouldn't obscure the second foot.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great looking pose is right and I really like the exposure on the bird. Tons of details in the dark feathers.
    The background colors are beautiful but the sticks are not as desirable but definitely don't ruin the shot.
    Thanks for posting this Unique bird that we don't get to see to often. Well done Gail
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com