Thread: Tug Of War... Black-bellied Plover

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tug Of War... Black-bellied Plover

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image on Alligator Point, Panacea, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
    1/1250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 450
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018, removed some specular highlights on the bill, worm, and legs
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Last edited by Joseph Przybyla; 01-14-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Joe:

Like the angle in frame, POV, tugging on the worm.

On my monitor, just a bit of a green cast throughout the image, plus the whites on the rump are a bit hot and have lost some detail.

I did a minor tweak on the color balance, and ran a multiply layer on the rump whites.

I know you are very good about color casts, so perhaps you will prefer your original, but I find color casts one of the hardest things to see in your own pictures, esp. after working on them for a while.

The water has an interesting texture in close.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

3. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Stout View Post
    Joe:

Like the angle in frame, POV, tugging on the worm.

On my monitor, just a bit of a green cast throughout the image, plus the whites on the rump are a bit hot and have lost some detail.

I did a minor tweak on the color balance, and ran a multiply layer on the rump whites.

I know you are very good about color casts, so perhaps you will prefer your original, but I find color casts one of the hardest things to see in your own pictures, esp. after working on them for a while.

The water has an interesting texture in close.

Cheers

Randy
    Hi Randy, this image was captured a short while after sunrise, maybe the quality of light at that time has something to do with the green color cast you are seeing. When I look at your edit and compare to mine I see the green cast in the background/water. I think the water at the time I captured this image was the color in my original post. Thank you for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com