Thread: Least Sandpiper

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Least Sandpiper

Attached Images Attached Images

Shot a bunch of these guys today but this shot turned out the best. The lighting was pretty harsh today but this angle exposed him pretty well and I'm very pleased with the quality of this shot especially. I cropped this image a little bit to get rid of a bad rock and that's why it's kind of close on the left. Do you guys think the crop composition is good for this shot?

D300
    300mm f4 af-d
    f5
    1/1600
    ISO 200
    Slightly Cropped

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp with a decent composition. The trick would have been to move well to your left to have your shadow pointed at the bird ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Arthur! Yeah I should have shot more with the sun to my back but I didn't want to get too wet.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I hear you Dylan. I was in the same boat this morning.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.