Thread: Phoenix Fire in the Mist

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Phoenix Fire in the Mist

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created on morning of Thursday, January 11 at the Gilbert Water Ranch in Phoenix, AZ. I used the Induro GIT304L Grand Series 3 Stealth Carbon Fiber Tripod/Mongoose M3.6-mounted Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM lens, the Canon Extender EF 1.4X III, and the blazingly fast Canon EOS-1D X Mark II. ISO 320. Evaluative metering at zero: 1/6400 sec. at f/10. K 6000 at 8:03am shooting into backlit ground fog, aka, fire in the mist. LensAlign/FocusTune micro-adjustment: -3. Center AF point/AI Servo/Expand/rear button AF on the avocet and release. Click here to see the last version of the Rear Focus Tutorial. Click on the image to see the spectacular larger version.

Learn more about the creation of this image and why this one required a whole lot of luck in the blog post here.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This one is 1920 wide. I will leave it up at that size until Arash has time to comment on what we are doing wrong .. I have to scroll to see all parts of the image and that is not good .)

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I can see the whole image on my 27 iMac and its looking good. Fab frame Artie. Birds in flight, birds landing and some great pose's on the birds in the water. Lighting is so different and fantastic. I love the different shades of silhouette.

Nice one.

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by William Dickson View Post
    I can see the whole image on my 27 iMac and its looking good. Fab frame Artie. Birds in flight, birds landing and some great pose's on the birds in the water. Lighting is so different and fantastic. I love the different shades of silhouette.

Nice one.

Will
    Thanks Will. I need to scroll on my 15" Macbook Pro ...

a

Threads
    Thank You Posts

From Arash: Press Cmd and - to zoom back. That worked and I can still read the now very small type :)

with love, artie

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

My favorite part of this is the bird in the foreground with the water splashes. I have to scroll on these images with my 15" laptop on my desktop 27" monitor they fit perfectly.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks John, If you hit Command plus - (minus) a few times you can view the 1920 images full screen.

with love, artie

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love colors and composition of this shot. I just wish the water splashes weren't so 'sparkly' but that's nitpicking. I usually right click >> view image to view the full image. If I can't do that I mess with CTRL +/-.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice, indeed reminds me a lot of your famous Bosque shot. I like the feel of the scene with all the action going around.

10. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dylan and welcome to BPN. The specular highlights are much, much better in the TIFF. I am not so sure about the new 1920 stuff :)

with love, artie

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the comp and colour here Artie, but agree that 1920 is (generously) too wide on my 15" Mac pro, but glorious on my 27" NEC desktop,
    perhaps a posting size limit compromise needs to be looked at?

Cheers
    Marc

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really nice. I just love the colors here. The top band of dark reds makes it for me. The action and splashing is nice. No nits from me, TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

the image looks great, the Mac book screen struggle with scaling, they zoom the image making it look like cr*p you need to zoom back each time, or better use a desktop monitor for viewing the photos

best
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog