Attached Images Attached Images

Still cold here...
    Forground is Ice. Stitched Pan.
    Thanks for looking.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mitch..

I really love the cloud here...Quite beautiful! The remaining image has a nice soft feel to it which exudes a calmness, to me anyway. My only niggle is I am not a fan of centered compositions, not completely sure why, but I think its because my eye is drawn to the bright spot center and then does not "flow" through the remaining image. With the bright spot decentered, then you get to see more of the image before the eye gets anchored.. Each to their own however, it could be just me.. That's the learning process you get from critiquing other peoples images... you get to critically examine you own thoughts on an image..

regards

Don

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice. Love those clouds the pano crop works great here.

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this composition Mitch...the clouds look great and the pano crop is effective. For me the centered sun works because of the symmetrical balance. I do wish the contrails were not in the clouds and they can be evicted with a little bit of work :) I would also lessen the effect of the vignette a little as I think it is a touch too dark.

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You've really done a nice job with the sky. I love the colours and colour balance. Two things I'd suggest. One is the vignette, which I find is too intense all around but it feels like it is killing the lower portion of the image. I would really pull it back and feather it out. The corners are practically black. The second, is the lower portion of the image. I would like to pull back the vignette significantly and bring up the contrast just in the mid-tones. It looks to me like there is some nice texture and even colour going on down there, which I think would really enhance and open up the image.