Thread: New Image size

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default New Image size

I note there is now the opportunity to post larger images up to 1920px. I guess this is advantageous to people who have the very high resolution monitors.
    Whilst I don't fully understand why that particular size I see this as an opportunity to post images up to 1600px x 1200px max which is the size adopted by international/national competition.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    I note there is now the opportunity to post larger images up to 1920px. I guess this is advantageous to people who have the very high resolution monitors.
    Whilst I don't fully understand why that particular size I see this as an opportunity to post images up to 1600px x 1200px max which is the size adopted by international/national competition.
    Hi Jon, 1920 pixels is the width of a standard full high definition screen (height is 1080 pixels; 16:9 aspect ratio). This format is sometimes called 1080i. Most common TVs and computer monitors have these pixel dimensions although the newer '4k' screens have many more pixels.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Pure View Post
    Hi Jon, 1920 pixels is the width of a standard full high definition screen (height is 1080 pixels; 16:9 aspect ratio). This format is sometimes called 1080i. Most common TVs and computer monitors have these pixel dimensions although the newer '4k' screens have many more pixels.
    Thanks Glen, I guessed there would be some rationale.. but obviously didn't know what it was.