Thread: Gitzo replacement

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Gitzo replacement

Good morning fellow photographers,
    This is my first time on the site, i'm very impressed with the quality of work here and the informative posts.
    Recently I broke a leg on my Gitzo GT3532LS, as in all 3 CF tubes. Let me say up front, this was not a Gitzo flaw or failure, just my dumb luck.
    I contacted Ian @ Gitzo spare parts who informed me the 3 leg sections would be north of 500 CAD plus duty and HST. I had to read the number twice!
    I've been doing a lot of research on tripods before pulling the trigger on replacing the leg. There seems to be a lot of good CF tripods available, now I need to pull the trigger.
    I currently shoot a canon pro body, with a Whimberley gimbal and usually a 500mm F4L ll.
    Looking for some feedback and suggestions from some of you who shoot a similar set up or weight(14+ LBS)
    I have been leaning heavily towards the Fiesol CT 3372 or 3472, anyone using one of these?

Jeff Bingham

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm very happy with my Induro GIT304L. I also use the Wimberley with the side mount conversion.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Smith View Post
    I'm very happy with my Induro GIT304L. I also use the Wimberley with the side mount conversion.
    Roger, I was just looking @ Induro today, they look well designed. I'll check out that model. Tnx!