Thread: Finally....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Finally....

So I know this image is not ideal, the non natural perch, the seed, the distracting out of focus foreground elements. However, it is a bit of a triumph for me as I've been chasing the California Thrasher for an image for years, and finally managed a well exposed image of the bird at least. Anyone else have a bird (or other subject) they are still chasing? In the meantime, I'll be after that nicely perched example.... :-)
    Name:  27734295639_764956dd7d_b.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  162.2 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congrats on finally getting the California Trasher...now good luck on your goal of getting it on a better perch! Trying to get better and better images is one of the fun aspects of this hobby

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Funny story but this was one of the first birds I photographed (poorly) when I first started photographing birds. 3-4 years later I've yet to see it again.

I'd like to get a clean shot of an American Bittern. The best chance I got at shooting one was when a female didn't see me and flew right at me. If I didn't miss focus it would probably be my best shot of all time.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Maithonis View Post
    Funny story but this was one of the first birds I photographed (poorly) when I first started photographing birds. 3-4 years later I've yet to see it again.

I'd like to get a clean shot of an American Bittern. The best chance I got at shooting one was when a female didn't see me and flew right at me. If I didn't miss focus it would probably be my best shot of all time.
    Good luck with the bittern Dylan! Look forward to seeing it. My next challenge, Roadrunner!