Thread: California Quail 02

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default California Quail 02

Attached Images Attached Images

Same Quail as I posted the other day (let's call him "Dan"). I didn't work on this one until after the first but think I like this one better. The perch of the first is more pleasing but I like the color and overall look of this one more. What do you think between these too? C&C welcome and appreciated.

Details: D850+Sigma 500/4, 1/3200, ISO 3200, 7.1, HH, EC -1.0, C1P RAW PP, PS CCC adjustment, final output SS.

Last edited by Jay Ing; 01-03-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Like both images, this one showing beautiful patterns on front of Quail and bird stands out against distant trees.
    Exposure looks spot on and good sharpness throughout subject, I would just take a bit off the top.

Graham.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Interesting, that's what my barber says! :)

Thanks for the comments. I usually try and keep 2x3 so I might just crop a tad then.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Wilkes View Post
    Like both images, this one showing beautiful patterns on front of Quail and bird stands out against distant trees.
    Exposure looks spot on and good sharpness throughout subject, I would just take a bit off the top.

Graham.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joel,
    Everything looks good but I might tone down the contrast on the bird slightly.(that might open up the blacks a bit)
    I would keep the 2 x 3 crop but just make it a bit tighter top and LHS to get rid of the first 2 grasses with the "V" but keep the longer grass. I would also eliminate the white horizontal grass on LHS.
    Nice one,
    Gail

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great pose and detail. A lovely shot. I like the way the sweep of grass frames the bird on the left, and the oof green on the right.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great image Jay. I remember seen the same species around in Bosque I believe. But they are way to shy to even try and get a photo. I agree with Gail about adjusting the crop from top and LHS.