Thread: Tiger from Ranthambhor

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger from Ranthambhor

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,
    My trip to the famed Ranthambhor reserve in Rajasthan was a fruitful one. we saw in all about 5 tigers in 6 safari trips in Gypsy 4X4s. Was lucky to get them in the open on a couple of occasions. The tiger was in the grasses and shade and then emerged into the open (as predicted by our forest guard/guide).
    Settings were for the shaded area but had no time to lower the ISO. Was really amazing to see them from so close. My most used lens was 70-200 2.8 L II (as mentioned earlier by Haseeb in earlier thread)
    7D II
    70-200 II L at 105mm
    1/6400
    f/8
    ISO 1600

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Must have been something to see them at close range, Sanjeev. They are such majestic animals. I like your timing here, with paw raised and the glance to you and your vehicle. Colour and tone look nice and natural. I think this one could do with a little more final sharpening though selectively on the tiger.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev -- A happy new year to you !

A beautiful and healthy looking tiger and typical Ranthambore settings. A gain light handled very nicely and a nice eye contact here . Pretty high ss for this IMO , i guess you must have upped the iso because of that light and shadow kind of setting.

TFS !

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sanjeev - What a great look at the powerful tiger out in the open! Love the walking pose and the turn to camera. Also interesting to see a bit of the environment. I agree with your self assessment on the techs and we've all been caught at one time or another with the camera set for a different circumstance. I thought the tiger itself was a little flat and took the image into PS and applied a very slight s curve to the tiger and another round of sharpening to the tiger.

TFS,
    Rachel

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot Sanjeev, I feel Rachel has taken it up a notch, the tiger has more impact now.

6. Thanks Rachel Hollander thanked for this post