Thread: Out and About

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Out and About

Attached Images Attached Images

Dear Friends,

I will be out and about this week-end. So I thought I'd make up for my absence lately and share one more sighting with you. Image taken on the 16th of December at Zuka Private Game Reserve, time was 09:22 am, slightly overcast. This beautiful young leopard female was busy hunting and it so happened that she walked straight towards the vehicle...

She is such a beauty! I cannot tell you what pleasure it gave me to see her walking down this path and to establish a bit of eye contact with her, if only for a few seconds. A moment in time...

Nikon D5
    Nikon 500 F4
    ISO 2000
    F6.3
    +1/3 EV
    1/2500s
    Wishing you all a Happy New Year May 2018 bring you lots of happy moments, live life and enjoy what there is, be one with nature, and make sure you keep that camera handy at all times
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lucky you, Gabriela. I don't see that many leopards posted here versus cheetah and wonder if generally they are less often seen? I had the opposite experience in May with three leopard sightings and no wild cheetah. You've caught an interesting pose in this shot with her ears back looking somewhat distracted. Hope her hunt was successful and better, that you saw and got some frames? I like the soft light in this shot which is always kind to photographers and my favourite. Nice tack sharp image and well rendered tone and colour. If the IQ holds up, a tighter crop might be good on this one.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

All these large predators Gabriela you are so lucky,I hope you can keep them all unlike us.

Stunning frame love the tail and as mentioned her ears really tell a story,as always tricky commenting on an image made in a place I have never seen,I find the green a tiny bit strong mate,i'm unsure but thought I'd mention it. Your placement in Frame Gabby is making me think,it works for me,but straight away I started pondering other options I'm again unsure why maybe the track line is appealing to me.
    Beyond that a wonderful moment caught as always beautiful details and a raised foot to convey motion

I hope you have a wonderful year too mate. Cheers for all the encouragement and thoughts,you have helped me so so much. The emotional content you get into some of your images is so inspiring Gabreiala it's a gift you have it's in your words too.

Take care

stu

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Happy New Year Gabriela! What a lovely leopard frame. This screams green season to me because of all the green grass. Nice light and eye contact. She looks both young and determined. Nicely processed. Well done. I hope you get to see her again.

TFS,
    Rachel

P.S. Glenn, actually in most years I think the leopard postings outnumber the cheetah postings especially if members visit the Greater Kruger Area or if some of our members who are guides in that area post more often.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela, what a lovely looking leopard! She is a beauty. Love the rich green grass and the leopard stands out nicely in the frame with good eye contact. Tanks for sharing. Have a great weekend ringing in the new year.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela, for me it's a little lost in frame, a bit too small, I would have just tracked her a tad longer before hitting the button rather than cropping. I do however like the off set placement in frame and techs look good.

TFS
    Steve

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you so much, dearest Friends!

Once again apologies for my prolonged absence, desperate to come back but due to work commitments and a house full of visitors I haven't managed to do so yet. Will be back soon, miss you all

Have a great week

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea