Thread: I Also Want to Play...

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default I Also Want to Play...

Attached Images Attached Images

Happy New Year dear friends!

Just squeezing in one more image before the year is over, more for you in 2018

Briefly processed in LR and PSCC, cropped a few mm from the top, the usual curves and levels and some sharpening. My PP work has become so basic these days it's embarrassing. High ISO due to weather conditions, slightly overcast and a fine drizzle.

Image taken at Zuka Private Game Reserve, courtesy of Mr. Carl Walker who so kindly shares with me those lovely sightings whenever possible. I am so grateful, I cannot find the right words to thank him.

Nikon D5
    Nikon 500mm F4
    ISO 5000
    F6.3
    1/3 EV
    1/2000s

Hope this little face touches your heart as it did mine. Love the puzzled look from this little cub as he is watching his siblings play, it is quite obvious he wants to be included

Thank you for taking the time to view, much appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Huge cute factor, Gabriela. So much to like in this one. I really like the soft, pale pastel colours in the background and the framing of the foreground grass. I even like the grass stem in front of the cub in this instance - just seems to work in this case. Really nice detail on the cub where it matters around the head and front. Colours on the cub are quite subtle here. I'm assuming that's how this little one looked and that they don't develop more intense colouration until they are older? I love the pose and inquisitive look as well as the way you have framed this up in your composition. Look forward to seeing more...

3. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gabriela your words cover my thoughts beautifully"Hope this little face touches your heart as it did mine. Love the puzzled look from this little cub as he is watching his siblings play, it is quite obvious he wants to be included".The fur looks so soft makes you won't to put your fingers in it.

Happy New YearKeith,

5. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela,
    This is such a fine image! Super cute, very sharp, lovely muted colours & BG. It did touch my heart!!! Happy new year to you.
    Look forward to more next year.

7. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela -- What a fantastic frame , loved the details , colours, sharpness , and very nicely framed as well . great techs as well . All in all a fantastic image of this very cute looking cheetah . loved it . TFS !

9. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela - A huge cuteness factor here and the pose and expression seem to say "just you wait until I get big, strong and fast then I'll show you all." I like the ways the grasses frame the cheetah and the soft feel of the frame. No one else has mentioned it but there's a red cast to the cheetah that I would reduce if it were mine. Nothing wrong with keeping the pp basic and simple especially if things are done right in the field. Remember, often less is more.

TFS,
    Rachel

11. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela, an enchanting capture and one of your best I feel. An excellent portrait of a cute cub. The POV, body angle and the environment framing this alert youngster just ticks all the boxes. Yes, there is a cast as Rachel mentioned, but all you need to do is tweak the Tint slider to the left which takes out the magenta tinge.

My PP work has become so basic these days it's embarrassing
    You are getting distracted these days.

TFS
    Steve

PS I pop something over...

13. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, a very cute little one. I agree on the slight magenta cast to the fur ... Go into Photoshop (or wherever), open Hue-Saturation, go to the MAGENTA channel, and move the slider all the way to the right to 100%. If there is any MAGENTA there, it will be quit evident. Then you can simply move the slider to the left of zero to eliminate the color cast (if there is one).

One last question here, might this need a bit of CCW rotation? Not sure, just asking based on the position of the eyes ...

with much love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

15. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Dear Friends!

Steve is right, I have been a little distracted lately But I do have some images "in the pipeline" and will share soon.
    I see the colour casts - thank you so much Rachel, Steve and Artie. It is either my tired eyes or my screen that urgently needs calibration... or both Will check on the rotation as well.

And a big thank you for viewing and feedback, I so appreciate it Also for your kind comments.

I will be back with more images soon.

Have a wonderful evening,

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea