Thread: Tiger Portrait

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger Portrait

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks,
    Am back after a short break from the forum. Busy with work but finally found some time to go on my eagerly awaited safari to Ranthambhor in Rajasthan. It was my first trip there and obviously the agenda was TIGERS.
    We had some luck and had some nice sightings, though I was hungry for more!
    Here is a head shot for the months theme just in the nick of time.
    Canon EOS 7D II
    70-200 f/2.8 II L at 145mm
    1/1600
    f/3.5
    ISO 3200
    Light was fading in the evening safari, the tiger emerged from the woods and came into an open dried stream area.
    Cheers,
    Sanjeev

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great detail from the 7d2 at that ISO. It must be a wonderful experience having the tiger so close to you - shots at these focal lengths always seem to jump out at me over the telephoto shots - not that I wouldn't love to be able to get with the 500mm lens length of a tiger myself!

The colours look a little thin on the body, maybe thats down to the way the light was - you were there, but its a minor grumble! One thing I would consider is cloning out some of the obvious grass stems on the right side of the frame, but I know thats not to everybody's taste.

Mike

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow! Really nice work and a fantastic sighting, Sanjeev. I'm very envious... maybe one day. It's a beautiful portrait and wonderful detail. Agree with Mike, this looks good for ISO 3200. Colour looks nice but I see what Mike is saying about looking 'thin' in parts - maybe just how this cat looked? I like the background in this and not bothered that it's a little busy. Hope to see more of these wonders.

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - Very nice close up of the tiger. Impressed at how close you got too. I see what Mike is saying about the colors of the body. Also watch the whites some are hot. Well worth taking a look and trying to take this already excellent image up a notch.

TFS,
    Rachel

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post