Thread: Here She Comes...

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Here She Comes...

Attached Images Attached Images

Dearest Friends,

Please forgive my absence lately, I have been swamped with work...Missing you all .

Decided to share an image of a cheetah captured last week-end, quickly processed with just a couple of tweaks. I promise to share more as soon as I get some time on my hands.
    A large crop ( and perhaps some loss of IQ) because I had to exclude two little cubs on the side of the mound - they did not cooperate very well . Wanted to place all emphasis on the mother who looked very alert after seeing a big male lion at some distance.

Nikon D5
    Nikon 500F4
    ISO 2500
    F9
    1/2500s
    matrix metering
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

For a hard crop, this looks very good to me Gabriela, with excellent detail apparent. What struck me about this is how sleek and lightly built these animals are even though they are slightly taller than a typical leopard. I gather they are very low in the 'pecking' order of predators so have to be wary of most others. She certainly doesn't look to happy about the lion she has seen and the pose reinforces that with the tail in a partly arched position. Tone and colour look great to my eye and background is very nice. I'd have preferred to see more of the legs and feet but assume she wasn't going to give you that view by moving up the mound further. I'm very glad to hear you've been getting out and look forward to seeing more from your encounters.

3. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

'Ello mate,how ya doing? Sweetie have the most wonderful break Imean that do stop a bit for you !!

Gabriela,same as, too busy!! Missing everyone their, astounding images and wisdom !! It's lovely to stop for a bit and get of the train,I need too frankly ,I do so hope you get a bit of a break for you !!

Gabby your words told me what I saw in your image,it's not always obvious that I read a still image regarding the body language of a subject. Here, you have captured something really tangible I can feel her unease,even though I don't know her at all. For me beautifully processed,i'd like a smidge ( a tiny bit) more below please.

Mate for some reason and I don't know exactly why??? I find the line of the top of the mound is really grabbing my eye??? it seems artificial I can't find the right words for you Gabriela,but I'm being really drawn to it I feel it's sharp because it's below your focus point which I'd imaging is her eye/s but because it sits against the cheetah's hind quarters which are outside dof it seems too sharp. Mate it's me I know I'd somehow work around this if in paint. I don't know if anyone else will feel like I do here but for me I'd want to somehow soften the top of the mound,it's too "strong " for the rest of your stunning frame.

take care you

stu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriella,

Love the colors in this pic. Just wish one could see the eyes more without the shadow, but it's hard to get unless the light is at the perfect angle or later (or earlier) in the day.

Loi

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela - A nice intent pose from the cheetah. The lion has certainly captured her attention. I do think the large crop has affected IQ but not such a problem at this size. Colors look good and if it were mine, I would tame the hls on the inside of the left leg (right as it faces us). I do find the comp a bit awkward. I would prefer to see the paws and have a bit more room below for the virtual rear legs but understand that probably was not possible. I hope you had good luck in the bush this weekend and look forward to seeing the fruits of your weekend.

TFS,
    Rachel

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you dear friends, for your thoughtful comments and for taking the time to view

Once again my apologies for being scarce around here, December has always been a tough month in my line of work and this year is no exception. I agree with some of your concerns about this image but as you know sometimes there is nothing we can do about the circumstances. More cheetah images coming up for you, as well as some lion cubs (all to be processed soon).

Stu, the mound is natural. And cheetahs love a good POV Rachel, I had some amazing sightings this month and lots of images in my folders, those should last me till February when I go to the KTP. And Glenn, despite a very tight schedule during the week I manage to spend time in the wilderness at the week-ends. I find my village quite unbearable during holiday time, with lots of parties going on throughout the night. On top of everything, my little pond has become too small for the growing population of frogs which now moved to the pool near my bedroom, so no peace whatsoever! I am already busy packing, off to the bush on Saturday after work, yay

Have a lovely evening everyone,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea