Thread: Looking for Rains !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Looking for Rains !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone ! Thank you for all your comments and suggestions on my previous post , much appreciated.

Here is my contribution to this months theme , a tiger image from Ranthambore. At that time she was having two little cubs and was sitting beside the forest track under the shade of the tree to get some respite from extremely hot conditions. We had few opportunities to make decent portraits of the female only as the cubs were quite shy and kept them selves hidden in the bushes but on a few occasions did come out in the open.

DPP 4.5 , CS6, WB, curves, selective colour, levels, NR, sharpening, Its full frame ( no cropping done ).

Canon 500mm f4 IS II, Canon 1DX MK II, Bean Bag.

1/3200 sec; f/7.1; ISO 4000. (ss was kept higher in anticipation of some activity from cubs , the lighting was mixed with sunlight and shade, so on a safer side opted for the fast ss ).

All your comments and suggestions are most welcome and highly appreciated.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, a cracking post to come back with, I hope it's not the cubs I've seen from Dicky.

Nice to see an image at last from the MKII, you will love it and it appears you are all set now, but just occasionally just check the Histogram as the Highlights look/appear blown in parts. Remember you have a whole stops worth to play with, so either a third or two thirds of - EV may have helped and rescued those areas. My only wish is that the saliva and chin hairs were not slightly clipped, I feel you were just a fraction too close, not a deal breaker though, but overall I like it and the eyes gazing upwards and mouth open. Was this taken recently and if so, how is the light & vegetation????

Look forward to seeing more.

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Steve -- Yes, it was a very close encounter , infact the tigress was not ready to leave the track and we had no other angles to position ourselves. She remained in the area for nearly two days and was sighted only after all the vehicles moved out after the morning safari . We being in the full day safari had the luck factor in our favour . And MK II is far superior than all the bodies I have used so far and yields terrific results , still learning though but have got a knack for it now.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

She remained in the area for nearly two days and was sighted only after all the vehicles moved out after the morning safari . We being in the full day safari had the luck factor in our favour .
    You lucky fellow.

Yes the MKII is a bit of a jump from the 5D, but the results are awesome and the ISO is a thing of the past. If you are struggling or have any questions drop me a line.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - I like images where the cat is looking up and this is no exception. Love seeing the teeth and open mouth too. Yes to some blown hls, particularly in the ear area. Looks like you are getting the hang of the new camera.

TFS,
    Rachel

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb, a very fine image. I love the pose you've captured. Like Steve, I wish the saliva drip was all in but at close range with fix focal length, hard to control. No other niggles from me - this one is just about perfect in my books.

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, a very nice close up image of Tiger ... eyes looking up and saliva dripping adds a lot of feel to the image what you described.
    TFS
    Sadanand.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone, your comments and suggestions are much appreciated !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great portrait here and a good story.. Excellent