Thread: Goldcrest

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Goldcrest

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 7d, 500 f4 + 1.4 converter, 1/500 @ f5.6, ISO 400, AP, 0EV

This was taken early in the morning with some nice lighting.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is an attractive bird in a nice pose in good lighting. It reminds me of our Golden-crowned Kinglet. If mine, I might consider dodging some of the shadowy areas to the right and above and eliminating some of the space on the right by cropping proportionally all around. I can also see this as a vertical. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Michael, Nice shot a few suggestions, sharpen a bit more and tighten up the crop a bit to get rid of the twig by your name and the OOF twig on the far right bottom, maybe a vertical crop?
    Nice colors and HA.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try a different crop and see what it looks like

Michael

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mike a lovely image of a very tricky little bird to make images of ,you have done really well to catch this one especially in the open with nothing in front.

Mike I'm learning I've not used your lens or camera ,but do use canon. I'd have pushed the iso here far more that you have. My reasoning very simple this is a fast twitchy little bird,I'd be pushing my shutter on the back of that iso as far as I could. Mike I feel this has cost you here,all around the bird seems sharp to me but maybe the bird is a bit soft. Mike I suspect i'm seeing a bit of motion blur. Mate as I say I'm learning my hope is that really someone more experienced will confirm the above ,or put me right,whichever we will both learn

Mike if you are not already aware Daniel Cadaux(super mod here) used this exact camera,it's worth having a dig on arties blog as well,Daniel did a blog there all about exposure with a 7D some wonderful images aswell, or simply have a chat.with him.

have a fantastic new year Mike

stu