Thread: Bag for canon 500mm mkII with 1.4 mk III and 5DSR

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bag for canon 500mm mkII with 1.4 mk III and 5DSR

Lots of discussions here I know on this sort of subject and was opting for the Lowepro flipside 500AW but just want to know for sure that my Canon 500mm MK II lens with hood stowed along with 1.4 MK III teleconverter and 5DSR attached will fit in this bag. any help appreciated. Cheers Andy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Don't know that bag. I have the same lens and converter. I use a 1dx2. I store them in the a Think Tank Glass Limo. The camera and teleconverter will fit. As will the camera and lens without the converter. Can't fit all. I bought a separate camera bag that I attach to the outside of the glass limo. Works perfectly.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andy. I have this bag. My 500 with 1.4 attached fits nicely, with the hood stowed. I used it as hand luggage on a flight earlier this year. But I had to store my 1DX separately. The bag is not long enough to keep the camera attached. Hope this helps.

Will

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Isaac and Will, I suppose will need to keep looking unless someone here can suggest an alterative as I want a bag/rucksack that can take the setup I mention along with another lens 180mm macro spare batteries etc. and my lunch and drink with tripod attached to the outside.

Ta

Andy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Brown View Post
    Lots of discussions here I know on this sort of subject and was opting for the Lowepro flipside 500AW but just want to know for sure that my Canon 500mm MK II lens with hood stowed along with 1.4 MK III teleconverter and 5DSR attached will fit in this bag. any help appreciated. Cheers Andy

I get the v.ii of this bag in the next couple days. From what I read I should be able to take my Sigma 500 with TC, body (off lens) and several other lenses/small items (batteries) in this bag. I'll let you know. With pics if you want. Cheers.