Thread: Bison calf

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bison calf

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DX Canon 100-400 L IS II Auto ISO 2500 (+0.67), 1/640 sec f7.1
    ACR + PSCC (Just for info I saved for web optimised at 395K this gave a file 394.1K and when uploaded it was rejected because it exceeded 400K I can only assume the attached metadata took it over 400K. I resaved at quality 95 (previous turned out to be 96) and this was accepted.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John a like it, but a sliver more to the left with the head would I feel have been bang on. Then cropped a bit more off the RHS. Like the fact you can see all the legs & feet, but if you have it, then a tad more content below. The diffused grass at the foot works well and I like the mottle backdrop rather than just a plain colour and it provides good standout.

TFS
    Steve

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon - I've had that happen a couple of times when uploading images. As for the image, I like the eye contact and all the brown tones. Nice control of the blacks with good detail too. I think I disagree with Steve, with it looking to the right, I would shave a bit off the lhs. I agree just a tad more room below would take it up a notch. Nice one overall.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely frame Jon. Nice POV I like the detail in the fur and a lovely facial expression. FG looks good as does the BG.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jon, another lovely bison image from your collection. Much to enjoy in this one. I do like the foreground grass including the partial blocking of the lower legs and nice mottled background. Detail, tone and colour on the animal look great to me and up to your usual high standard. I think I am with Rachel on the composition. At present it doesn't quite work for me. If the IQ held up, this could also work quite well as a tighter portrait. Thanks for sharing and I'll look forward to more!

6. Thanks John Mack thanked for this post