Thread: Eastern Phoebe

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Eastern Phoebe

Attached Images Attached Images

First time posting to the forum. Very new photographer hoping to learn from you all. This was taken from my Nikon D5300 f7.1 1/500 ISO 250 with my 55-200mm kit lens at 200mm. Thanks in advance for your C&C.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Derek, welcome to the forum. Nice first image, nice head angle and catchlight. A few suggestions would be to move it slightly higher in the frame and try to recover
    some of the blown whites in the chest if you can. Also if you can PS the large distracting knob on the branch above the birds head or tone it down.
    Overall the BG is a bit busy but that can't be helped a lot of the time, but something to look out for. Looking forward to seeing more.

-Tim

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Tim, Thanks for the advice. How do you recommend that I recover the highlights (If I even can)? And what can be done in the future so that I do not blow out the whites?

-Derek

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Jenkins View Post
    Tim, Thanks for the advice. How do you recommend that I recover the highlights (If I even can)? And what can be done in the future so that I do not blow out the whites?

-Derek
    Hi Derek, there are many, many, ways of recovering highlights. I suggest looking on YouTube to see what works best for you, plus there's videos to walk you through it.
    The best way of corse is to make sure your initial shot the exposure is spot on, always shoot in RAW you'll have a better chance of recovery also.

-Tim