Nikon D750
    300.0 mm f/2.8 + 2.0x TC

ƒ/8.0
    1/1600s
    ISO 1000

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the pose and reflection. Love the water color. I wish at least one of the feet were fully visible. Also think you have a yellow cast on the bird.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like this one. It has a kind of ethereal look to it. I agree the white balance of the bird is off.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ray, I really like the BG, the stillness of the water, the reflection, and the perspective. It looks like you were really close and probably wet to get this image. Were you on your belly?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Grant View Post
    I like the pose and reflection. Love the water color. I wish at least one of the feet were fully visible. Also think you have a yellow cast on the bird.
    Now that you mention it, I do see the slight yellow cast on the bird. I will correct that, thanks for pointing it out. Regarding the feet unfortunately there's small grables by where the birds usually walk that hide the feet most of the time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Heustis View Post
    Ray, I really like the BG, the stillness of the water, the reflection, and the perspective. It looks like you were really close and probably wet to get this image. Were you on your belly?
    Yes, I was flat out on the ground on a muddy and wet grounds :)
    Last edited by Raybel Robles; 11-29-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, I just opened this and what a great shorebird shot!! This has all the makings of a great shot. Colors, detail, foreground, background, light angle and head angle are all killer and I really like the strip of stones running down the middle. Oh, and a nice soft reflection too. One of the best shorebird frames I have seen in a long time.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Ray, This is superb; it looks like Jamaica Bay with rocks instead of mud :) I would either like to see the bird farther back in the frame or with a crop from the left; as presented, the subject is too centered for me.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.