Thread: Juv Owlet with mouse

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Juv Owlet with mouse

This was one of the most brazen of owlets i have encountered in all my years photographing them,i say that as it had no fear of the adult male.
    Normalythey try it on for a a minute or two but soon get the message ,not this one,the adult actualy had this mouse first and after fumbling around with it near the adult he popped up on the perch with it , he dropped it a few times but eventualy settled with it.
    Canon 1dx 500mm f4 at f8 1/800sec iso 800 +1/3 ev .
    Name:  Juv-Little-owl-with-mouse-(1-of-1).jpg
Views: 150
Size:  241.7 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Spectacular. The mouse looks so, so .... relaxed and comfortable!!! I might take 1/4 of the board off with a crop from below. SH and EXP perfect.

with love, artie

ps: if it fits with your personal ethics you might wish to soften up the out-of-focus stems in the BKGR with a Gaussian Blur.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool! I would personally prefer a true vertical, but man that mouse is the icing on the cake. Wonderful opportunity that was for you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

All points taken on board .thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Spectacular. The mouse looks so, so .... relaxed and comfortable!!! I might take 1/4 of the board off with a crop from below. SH and EXP perfect.

with love, artie

ps: if it fits with your personal ethics you might wish to soften up the out-of-focus stems in the BKGR with a Gaussian Blur.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the sugestion
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Cool! I would personally prefer a true vertical, but man that mouse is the icing on the cake. Wonderful opportunity that was for you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Spectacular shot! You even got the mouse facing the camera, though he's probably shuffled off his mortal coil at this point. I actually like the square format, it's a nice change from the typical 2x3 we see 99% of the time. Great work.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Dennis. I love the colours throughout. Great detail on the bird, mouse and perch. The separation from the BG makes this one 'pop' well.

Good work.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Brilliant, simply brilliant. So much to like here Dennis. You are obviously an old hand at these and I'm very envious. Detail, colour and tone all look wonderful, background is great and perch nice and rustic. I would take some off the bottom of the frame too and maybe look at adding a bit to the sides if you had the frame to do it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really good Dennis. Really good. Image quality is excellent, beautiful perch and background. That poor mouse is perfectly positioned. I agree with Dan, I would make this a true vertical as well.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree with the true vertical to it, otherwise this is a great image! the position of the mouse is perfect to tell the story here. Well done!