Thread: Theme:black belly plover in grass

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme:black belly plover in grass

Name:  plover in grass-96A6838.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  188.5 KBTaken rather late in the evening at the Brunswick pilings just outside the dyke at the mouth of the south arm of the Fraser R. in Delta, B.C. It was broken cloudy that night so the light was ever changing but this one was while the warm sunset rays were breaking through. I got quite a few different compositions that night, with singles like this as well as multiple birds on one or more pilings or just OOF pilings in the BG. 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro, ISO 640, f/6.3, 1/1000, Enduro tripod.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice composition; I'd crop in just a bit. I get the feeling the sun angle is a bit off from the light hitting the left side of the piling, but if it's out in the drink there's not a whole lot you can do about it (without insulated waders). I like the sunset colours in the background.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jake. Yes ,there is limited sun angle without taking a boat out there (which I've tried once but they weren't there that night) but actually I rather like this kind of side lighting---the crucial thing for this shot was to wait until it turned it's head just enough, but not too much, to catch the sun.