Thread: Indian Rhino in greenery

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Indian Rhino in greenery

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all ,throwing another species into this month theme that is not posted very often .....i do love this species for its special appearance . Always a treat to look for them and finally finding them in their habitat .....they are massive in size .
    With this image i like to show how small they can look if one compare it to the elephant grass , where the Rhino emerged from. Few steps into the grass and it is gone ....
    Hope you like it as well ...
    Kept the colors of the indian jungle quite vivid .....not accidentally though

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 500 IS L
    HH from gypsy

F 8 ; Iso 6400 ; 1/1600 sec ; Auto Iso ; man exp

Processed with C1 and PS C 2018 ; slight crop for comp from bottom and RHS

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like the processing. The colours as you say look vivid but believable. the hide of the rhino is well shown.
    I am not too sure about the angle of the image, I appreciate there was precious little you were able to do about it but it looks like you were shooting down from an ele's back and I don't really think it portrays the rhino in the best manner.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, I like the concept & framing, especially subject small in frame and bottom RHC. With the light I'm surprised you had to go to 6400, but f/8 I feel you are throwing away DoF and SS. I wonder if a sliver off the top would help, removing the lighter areas????

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- These are very special subjects and you have got them very nicely in various images that you have posted. Nice inclusion of the habitat and the tall grasses really provides a nice cover. Nice and vibrant settings . Not a very great angle but I guess this is from an elephant's back but not a deal breaker. Nicely done.

TFS !

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Andreas - I like the small in frame here and the vivid colors work. Makes it feel like monsoon season. You handled the mixed light well. I would go tighter along these lines to remove the dark spot at the bottom of the frame and to have the bg thicker all the way through. Sorry about your watermark.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much Steve, Haseeb , Jon and Rachel for sharing your thoughts , much appreciated .

Jon & Haseeb ...image was taken from the Gypsy not the elephant back , nevertheless at that location you mostly have to shoot downwards ....sadly .

Steve & Rachel ....i do like the crop as is , but understand your thinking about the top of the frame . But i think i would loose the look& feel of the " concept" when i do crop more than i did , so sorry Rachel this is way too tight for my original view of this image .

Thanks again , Andreas

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow IMage. I like the angle, though a bit looking down. But it affords a perspective of the jungle & the size vis-a-viś the habitat-The elephant grass. Nice jungle colours.
    TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great animal and excellent environmental shot, Andreas. I'd be quite interested to see tighter framing if you have it (did you pop the 1.4x on at any stage, or no time to do so?). While it wasn't what you were after, for me this is where I'd go for a pano crop if there was a suitable frame and the vegetation to the left and right was sympathetic to this.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Andreas,

I like this image, such vibrant colours! Just curious, is this rhino about the same size like ours here in Africa? Love its prehistoric look and the way it almost disappears in its lush environment.
    Well exposed and processed Boetie, POV not bad at all considering circumstances. Nice thinking with the vertical framing

Thank you so much for sharing, hope you have a lovely week-end,
    Gabriela Plesea