Thread: A love story of a lifetime

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A love story of a lifetime

Attached Images Attached Images

A pair of Saras cranes from Bharatpur India, caught in a very private moment of courtship. These cranes share a partnership for a lifetime.
    Canon 7D, Canon 500 mm f/4 @ f/8, 1/1000, ISO 250, Manual exposure. White balance & colour adjusted in PS ( the best to my capabilities). 20% crop
    All Comments & critique welcome

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Abhijit, a big welcome to BPN, and I hope you can participate by commenting other members image too. A lovely tender moment between these two cranes, and the colours look spot on. Sadly the only eye we can see is closed by the nictitating membrane - not ideal, as we all strive to show the eyes of our subjects. Sometimes its better to just observe and wait for the right moment before pressing your shutter button. In that way, you may come away with fewer images, but better images which are keepers.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu,
    I appreciate your input. I have a whole set where both the birds look into the camera/ have the eyes well & truly in the frame. This one is just to depict how these beauties forget the world when in courtship. But i will post ones with the eyes on next up. Thanks for your valuable inputs