Thread: Green winged teal

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Green winged teal

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,

A green winged teal taken this weekend at Cape May soon before sunset with some nice light. Still experimenting with Capture NX-D but pretty mild edits there. In PS, cloned out an OOF bird in the BG, NR on the BG, sharpened, slight crop.

Camera: Nikon D500
    Lens: 200-500mm f/5.6 at 500mm
    Specs: 1/1250 ISO 1250 f/5.6

Thanks for looking and commenting on prior posts!
    Alex

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Green winged teal

Nice action, Clean Background. Image might need to be rotated a bit clock wise.

Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Krishna Prasad kotti; 11-03-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Alex, great pose captured - I always seem to be too slow when I try for these shots myself so great work. Detail is pretty good in this given the shutter speed. A little faster SS may have helped extract a bit more as I think you can afford a bit more ISO with that body based on other images I've seen posted on BPN. Overall, the tones look a bit light in this for me. I'd be inclined to darken the whole frame a little. It would also help with those highlights on the bird which look a little 'hot' at the moment. I think your composition works well and I like the background and foreground in this one. Thanks for sharing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks both, much appreciated. Glenn, I agree with a faster SS / higher ISO and have pushed it much more than this with results that I'm happy with. Here I was having a lot of on / off cloud over and birds moving in and out of shadows so I switched to auto ISO which was in hindsight likely a mistake and a bit of laziness on my part, but hey it happens. I tried lowering the brightness and I agree it improves the frame. Thanks for commenting both, best,