Thread: Remote Battery Pack Ideas

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Remote Battery Pack Ideas

I am setting up a remote wildlife camera with a transmitter for streaming HD video from a wetlands bird sanctuary. The camera and transmitter run off 12 volt. I am hoping to set up a (weatherproof) combination of battery plus solar panel to keep the system going unattended.
    The Transmitter draws approx. 500mA to 750mA @ 12VDC, PTZ Camera draws approx. 1.5Amps to 2.5Amp depending on how much you are panning, tilting and zooming the camera. 1.5Amps for little use, 2.5Amps for a lot of use.
    Does anyone know of a suitable battery product/setup or have any suggestions. The unit will be sitting in a wetlands environment year-in year-out.. all sorts of weather.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Wilkins View Post
    I am setting up a remote wildlife camera with a transmitter for streaming HD video from a wetlands bird sanctuary. The camera and transmitter run off 12 volt. I am hoping to set up a (weatherproof) combination of battery plus solar panel to keep the system going unattended.
    The Transmitter draws approx. 500mA to 750mA @ 12VDC, PTZ Camera draws approx. 1.5Amps to 2.5Amp depending on how much you are panning, tilting and zooming the camera. 1.5Amps for little use, 2.5Amps for a lot of use.
    Does anyone know of a suitable battery product/setup or have any suggestions. The unit will be sitting in a wetlands environment year-in year-out.. all sorts of weather.
    Check for cctv power supply with battery backup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk