Thread: Sunset Rain

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sunset Rain

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken at Lake Macquarie on the central east coast of Australia, in front of my house. Today was a top of 38 deg Celsius and one of nature's air conditioners, a southerly change burst through at sunset with winds around 40 knots. The evening temp dropped from 31 to 21 in half an hour.

5D3 16-35 mm @ 35 mm 1/500 f7 iso500 pretty much full frame with a slight crop to level the horizon. Color balance is true to the scene with a little dodging of the foreground water.

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such a beautiful sky Colin! Good choice using a faster shutter speed to catch the details in the wispy clouds. This scene may have made a interesting image if two frames were captured and blended...one for the details of the wispy clouds and then a long exposure to smooth out the ocean waves...just a suggestion for additional options to consider while on location, but this is a very effective image as presented!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very Dynamic sky Colin.. and I like Andrews suggestion for the water.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great spot you live, Colin and nice image here. I have seen this type of condition and light emerge on rare occasions myself so well done for capturing a shot. The dark, moody feel is great and the look of the water great although it would be interesting to see a version as per Andrew's suggestion too. Not possible to rewind time though. Lot's for me to like here.