Thread: Badger

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Badger

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken from a hide, peanuts were scattered
    (it was remiss of me not to mention on the previous post, I guess I just assumed everyone would know it had to be a set up).
    Monopod, Canon 1DX Canon 24-105mm ISO 6400 1/160 sec f4, this shot was taken the previous week and it is a young cub.
    ACR and PSCC, the exposure was a little better on this one. As previously I made a vignette.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon - This looks better than the other one, particularly in the whites though some areas are still without much detail. Love the sort of slightly cocked head and the visible claw. Nice low pov. I think you can take a bit off the top to have a less centered feel if you want. I hope you get some more chances with the badgers.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty image Jon. Quite natural looking and nice detail on the subject. I would darken the FG and BG, to make it even more realistic, and more natural.

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the feedback, it is unlikely I will be taking more images here this year because I don't think the lighting is going to improve.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon, tighter & lower, but 1/160 you are going to struggle. Is this wireless triggered?

TFS
    Steve

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Hi Jon, tighter & lower, but 1/160 you are going to struggle. Is this wireless triggered?

TFS
    Steve
    No just on a monopod I knew I was pushing it I just hoped I could get one when it was still. The faster shutter speeds were sent straight to the bin.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

No just on a monopod I knew I was pushing it I just hoped I could get one when it was still.
    Skimmer pod, wireless trigger, I can do a special hire fee on the skimmer pod just for you.

BTW tried call you twice today

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Skimmer pod, wireless trigger, I can do a special hire fee on the skimmer pod just for you.

BTW tried call you twice today
    Thanks Steve but I won't be going back this year, I don't want more of the same. The skimmer pod may work but if their current behaviour is anything to go by it would be very hit and miss. They appear to spend about 5 min in one spot, have a scratch and clear off.

Been out to day trying for marsh and hen harriers and SEO - came back with zero.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good evening Jon,

I like this much more than the previous badger frame, the colours look natural and vignette is quite subtle. Nice detail too, well processed.

Sweet little badger. I love the HA here and this shy looking little face, truly delightful

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon i think under the given circumstances it does look quite good ........
    Not an easy task i think to get this perfectly done , so please try to invest more time and work and i think you will be rewarded .
    I do agree that this one does look better than the previous one , i do like the pose and the curious look of the little badger .
    Just seen stunning shots of badgers in a german forum .....but taken under gorgeous light . That guy also invested a lot of time in that project .

TFS Andreas