Default Eurasian nuthatch

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken with:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
    EF600mm f/4L IS II USM
    ƒ/9.0
    1/160
    ISO 1600

First shot since over 2 months for me. But it is a start of autumn/winter bird feeder season for me. It was dark and cloudy this Sunday and shooting this guy in those conditions is not very easy :). But he managed to pose for few seconds.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A fine way to start the season. Perfect nuthatch pose, terrific mossy perch, lovely BG; and I like the fairly extreme comp. I don't know how similar the Eurasian Nuthatch is to our Red-breasted variety, but I could imagine that darkening just the bird just a tad (1 or 2 points of black) might bring out more of his color.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

For a dark cloudy day you have really made the colours pop here Tomasz. You caught a unique pose, yet still with the head at a good angle and a nice spark in the eye. And I really like the way the BG colours coordinate so well with the bird's.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Tomasz, I really like this shot, Nice details, colors and perch. My only nit is the distracting brown vertical branch in the BG.
    You could easily remove it if you want, it's still a very nice picture.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love the pose and perch. Details look great. I would loosen the crop a tiny bit all around, especially on the right side so the little mosses have some room and are not touching the edge of the frame. The tall vertical streak in the background is unfortunate, especially as it goes right through the birds head.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the feedback.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Tomasz, I am glad that you are out of practice ... Assuming that this is a set-up it would be best to get rid of the big out-of-focus stick in the BKGR with a pair of loppers (clippers) if need be. Otherwise fantastic as is usual.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Arthur. I have bad news i am just warming up for the Autumn/Winter season :). I need to check and remove that branch in the background. I haven't noticed it while shooting but there has to be something out there.

9. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post