Thread: Sora Adult and Juvenile

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sora Adult and Juvenile

Attached Images Attached Images

From Cape May last week. Seeing a Sora is an uncommon event for me. Seeing a Sora juvie was a first, and getting both in one frame (with 2 decent HAs) was a treat. Conditions were near dusk and abysmal, so IQ is compromised. But I thought this was interesting enough to warrant sharing it. We went back the next morning and got the adult in better light, but the juvie didn't reappear.

D500, 500f4 + 1.4 TC, ISO 3200, 1/250s @ f/8 manual; fill @ -2.3 EV. Gitzo and Mongoose.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done Bill on getting this elusive bird, along with the juve. Nice pose, and HAs on both. I agree with your self critique, concerning the IQ, but due to the light, there is not much you can do. I would be more than happy to get a shot like this, under any light conditions.

Will

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Bill, nice clear view of the adult and juvenile. A difficult bird to find and photograph. You might try a pano crop to eliminate some of the top and focus attention more on the birds. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good one, Bill. Under the conditions we had to work with, you utilized the ff very nicely. It was quite a treat to have the adult and the juvie in the same frame. Like the head and feet positions. I might take about 1/2 an inch off the top.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you all. Joe, I considered a pano but decided I liked the habitat. Worth a try, though.