Thread: Steve and Andreas discussing ....II

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Steve and Andreas discussing ....II

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks a second round of that " Battle " between the two .....
    This time it was about the towel on the sun chair ....LOL , LOL , LOL ....as Andreas placed it the night before on the chair , albeit sun was not shining .Steve came along and removed the towel in the morning ....that made Andreas angry and started the discussion .
    In marmot life i can tell you that Andreas won ...as Steve went off ( the defending guy on RHS ) and looked for a new place to stay ......

Hey Steve i bet you love that very short old story about us grey socked germans .....

For all others .....these are just two battling Alpine marmots having a small battle about whatever ...in the mountains of Filzmoos ( Austria)

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 500 IS L II
    HH

F9 ; Iso 12800; 1/2000 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC 2017 ; this time i went a different color route and a not that dark overall look , think does look better for me . WDYT ? BTW had to change the crop as there was too much off dead space on top , and i did not want to loose the stretched body of mine ...

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread.

Cheers Andreas

2. Thanks Krishna Prasad kotti thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This time it was about the towel on the sun chair ....LOL , LOL , LOL ....as Andreas placed it the night before on the chair , albeit sun was not shining .Steve came along and removed the towel in the morning ....that made Andreas angry and started the discussion
    In certain parts of Italy the Italians are now fining you for doing such a practice., however from my recollection this was from telling you to have kept a higher SS and you would not listen, but things have changed since then LOL.

In marmot life i can tell you that Andreas won ...as Steve went off ( the defending guy on RHS ) and looked for a new place to stay ......
    I just let you think you did Andreas...

Now back to the image... the whole framing works far better than the previous one for me. Not only do you have the force & aggression, but the whole body posture conveying the action, nicely done. I also feel the colour is better in terms of the subject, but personally would adjust the Blue, Purple & Magenta for a more 'neutral' rock colour, but it also helps in the greys too, excluding those 'socks' Andreas. I know what you mean about the light & going for the higher ISO, same case for my Norway Reds, but it got to a point where a touch would have helped in the afternoon due to the dense trees.

Overall - Nice one andreas

TFS
    Steve

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve for your comment ...
    Looking at the picture from Norway .....you might be right , we are playing in different weight classes , so you might be the left one .
    Regarding the color .. i tried your suggestion and i think it is a small but working move , the Purple/Magentas are so so small in amount that i think they do not harm . The Blue could be removed for a more neutral look as you say , but for me after some inspection in real life the colors are there .
    And i can live with them .
    Anyhow always appreciate your feedback .
    Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andeas Steve is nice most brits now would use the towel and put it back we are slowly becoming devious. Buddy you have me crying with laughing here thank you too cool !!!

The facial expressions and body positions of this image make it enchanting for me Andreas it's so much fun to view,are the white dots wet from the marmots being sprayed about or rain. What am I seeing mate?? i'm unsure if they distract me I am surely noting them

Andreas this interaction without your humour is compelling ,with it sublime. Seriously though for me this is really quite special

TFS

stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Stu great that you had a good laughter .
    The white dots are raindrops and they do stay ...
    Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I guess we'll have to take your word for whose who in this shot? Maybe Steve has a different recollection. Aside from that another great action frame - I think even better than the last one with the marmot on the right hard against the rock and the other with its feet against it. I thought the tones in the last shot were good but they look great here too. Such a subjective thing. Background works better in this frame with the bright rock in the background better separated from the marmot. I think this pano crop works. My head is telling me that at least but it 'feels' odd.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Glenn for your comment , much appreciate your feedback .
    I am with you on the " odd" looking crop , i would have liked the whole crop down with the " grey socked " marmot fully in the frame . See last post ...that he was hidden by the burrow entrance and everything was happen so quickly that i was not able to change the focus points in camera . I was just looking to keep them in the frame , firing the shots and did not want to miss anything of that battle .

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

hahaha ! , This is much better than the previous frame . Loved the moment , i can imagine the two of you here .
    Very nice timing on this and loved that expression on the rhs marmot , much better feel in the framing department as well . and rain drops are certainly giving it a nice feel . Nicely done and TFS and making us laugh !