Thread: Autumn Gray Jay.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Autumn Gray Jay.

Attached Images Attached Images

I got fortunate to photograph one of the very few un-banded Gray Jays at Algonquin Park recently. This one was a bit of a "grab shot" as it perched there just as we got out of the car. I hurried a few frames before it flew to another tree. Full-frame, plus about 10% added canvas right and top. Normally the TC is glued to my lens, but here I had luckily left it in the coat pocket

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/320s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, usual eye work. Ideally the oof branch would not be there - it is what it is....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice love that background and the pose.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great work Daniel. The colour in the background creates a nice contrast with the duller colours on the bird but not in a way that detracts. I'm not bothered by the oof branch. Tone and detail are great and depth of field is perfect for this situation. Nice catchlight in the eye. No nits from me at all on this one.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love these birds. I have only seen them once. Details look very nice. Love the background colors. Why not just remove the branch in the background? I am going to make a trip this winter, or at least that is my intention to go and shoot these birds in the adirondacks.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Grant View Post
    Love these birds. I have only seen them once. Details look very nice. Love the background colors. Why not just remove the branch in the background? I am going to make a trip this winter, or at least that is my intention to go and shoot these birds in the adirondacks.
    Thanks man! Believe it or not I am rather lazy when it comes to processing