Thread: deers

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default deers

Attached Images Attached Images

I know that this kind of shoot (cropped ) is a bit extreme ..but the normal shoot is a usual situation and I would like (but I am no sure about the result) chanhe it in an unusual point of see..
    Canon 1dx Mark II
    tripod
    Canon 70/200 is II 2,8
    extender 1,4
    iso 500
    f.5
    1/1250

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Almost a mirror image! I think it would work if there was less going on in shot. The background of deer backsides and the bright patch is distracting. Maybe a wider shot of this one would be better.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

so is better ?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

For me it is.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gio - The extreme crop in the op has affected IQ. For me, while the action is good, neither one really works because there is too much going on with the additional deer in the bg, the oof grasses in the fg extending up to the faces and the deer coming in from the rhs. Sorry.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

No problem Rachel ..also for me the situation could work in the first becouse it is out of the order but there are a lot of problem
    I think is very good share tips about the photos without problem ...we talk to go on and no to have only ok

7. Thanks Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The overall image is just too busy for me Gio, with no real separation of the subjects and a very cluttered backdrop drawing the eye away from the main theme, the two stags rutting. The hefty crop is not helping the IQ and the PP appears to have hammered the capture. In addition, I cannot see any reason not to HH this set up (kit), why on a tripod?? Techs are not good, what was you reason to shoot at f/5, also with a SS of 1/1250 with a moving subjects you need more/faster SS???

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Is necessary stay in a mobile hide ..for this reason tripod ; no possible HH : f.5 was used to have more deep.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Off course also me no was sure about this shoots..I saw the eyes of dears and I had this idea and asked you your tips about; no problem. It is a no good pphoto and no works as I would like . Thanks to all for your comments.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful interaction Giovanni but I don't have anything to add to the comments already made. In spite of everything going on in this scene, I like the wider crop better. Thanks for sharing.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Gio,

Quite a busy "situation" here but nevertheless a great sighting and I really like those eyes and massive antlers. Must have been difficult and somewhat frustrating, shooting from a hide (albeit a mobile one) not always easy:)

There a number of problems with this frame, some mentioned already and some not. I personally cannot help but notice the bright bits in the background and the one character entering the frame from the RHS - overall just too busy a scene and my eyes do not settle on the main protagonists even though the action is great. It all looks like a war zone to me, really cool to watch and if I had my videocamera handy I would have certainly recorded this!

Many thanks for sharing Gio, appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea