Thread: Snowy Egret

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Snowy Egret

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DMKIII • 500 mm • 1/3200 • f/5.6 • ISO 250 • handheld • manual

Another Snowy Egret this time with a dragonfly.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Tim; I really enjoy the egrets but I especially appreciate the added bonus of the dragonfly. Good job capturing this moment, I really like it!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, that dragonfly is pretty cool! I suppose a lower angle would have been good too, but that's just me...I'd certainly be happy with this.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Yes, that dragonfly is pretty cool! I suppose a lower angle would have been good too, but that's just me...I'd certainly be happy with this.
    Thanks Daniel, I was already in 3" of mud and didn't want to get any lower, sure would have been nice though.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great frame, Tim with really nice tones and plumage definition on the bird. Details is excellent and that dragonfly in the bill really tops this off - all contrasted nicely against the dark-ish water. A frame I'd be very happy with. Thanks for sharing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The dragonfly is really cool. I wonder how it would look with lower angle. Thanks for sharing.

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love looking at these birds - they are showy! I always seem to get them in water that has all kinds of debris that distracts and I really like the way the water looks in this one. In addition the dragonfly in his mouth adds a lot to the frame. I am curious as to how you compensate for exposure on these white birds. I have been underexposing but feel my exposures aren't really spot on at this point. Do you bring down the highlights much in post typically?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Cubert View Post
    Love looking at these birds - they are showy! I always seem to get them in water that has all kinds of debris that distracts and I really like the way the water looks in this one. In addition the dragonfly in his mouth adds a lot to the frame. I am curious as to how you compensate for exposure on these white birds. I have been underexposing but feel my exposures aren't really spot on at this point. Do you bring down the highlights much in post typically?

Kathy I try to expose for the lightest colors in the image, because if you wash out the whites there's nothing to bring back in post.

-Tim