Thread: Flamingo flight

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Flamingo flight

I find this pre-historic bird hard to photograph in flight. It has such a long body and small eyes that viewing the photo in a small size always gives me something that I am not happy about. Here is one that I find not too bad.

1DX
    500mm+1.4TC
    ISO800
    f:8
    1/1600

Name:  flamiBIF.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  321.8 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree it would be nice if we could see a bigger version of this to enjoy some of the detail that is lost in the small frame - but a nicely captured frame all the same and one I've enjoyed looking at. The only minor suggestion I'd make about this one is to pull back the tone around the eye to increase its visibility and contrast. I'll look forward to more flamingos from you. Until then, thanks for sharing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely looking bird Lorant. I love those reds and pink colours. I think that they are such an awkward shape, it is difficult to choose the right crop, of one in flight, even if you did get closer. You have framed this one well to get the best out of the bird. I photographed these last month on my trip to Portugal, and found them very difficult to get close to.

Will