Thread: Cheetahs

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cheetahs

Attached Images Attached Images

A pair of Cheetahs relax on a hill at Masai Mara.
    5D III
    700mm
    1/1600
    f/8
    ISO 800

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, a bit unfortunate about the radio collar, perhaps moving to your left the FG Cheetah may have hidden it, but then you may not have had a better view? Techs look good and the backdrop is a killer. As presented it works, likewise I can see a 16x10 too. Personally I would remove the blade of grass to the right of the Cheetah.

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Sanjeev,

I love this frame, radio collar and everything Maybe it is because I am so used to seeing so many collared animals around here lately, but I am just grateful they are monitored and a little safer from human predators...

Great techs, well framed (although I do agree with Steve, a 16x 10 would work beautifully) superb BG, lovely colours. What lovely mood here, with those two relaxing while still checking the surroundings...Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to grab a shot with cheetahs looking in the same direction? They almost never do, they are so weary of other predators (like lions) and cover each other's back at all times...

Not sure what time of the day this was captured. I would probably seek more depth and tone in terms of the subjects's coat, but all up to you. Well exposed, good choice of DoF, nice subtle PP work. Masai Mara is truly magic and you captured one lovely scene, I truly enjoyed viewing Sanjeev.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Everything looks right on here. Nice lighting and composition. A few distracting grasses but what can you do. I'm ok with the collar, not much could be done about it. Overall well done!

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - They look fairly relaxed and what a sweet bg. I'm not a fan of radio collars but nothing you could really do about it and at least it's close to the colors of the cheetah. Agree you could easily go pano here for a nice alternative. Techs look good.

TFS,
    Rachel

9. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Someone is tracking that ones movement pretty neat. Like the composition here and the light.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev .... sadly the collar kills this otherwise quite neat image .
    Very nice " perch " and a killer BG , for me the image could stand a bit more depth in the HL and a bit in the mid tones .
    I am also seeing a pano ...

TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev, another wonderful cheetah sighting! Both the background and foreground are really excellent. Yes, the collar on the cheetah also detracts for me but I still like it a lot. I like the pose of the two animals in this shot also. IQ and colour look very good but the tones on the cheetahs look a little flat to me. Thanks for sharing.