Thread: Lion Growl

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lion Growl

Attached Images Attached Images

A lion gives out a low decibel roar/growl (maybe he was hungry or looking for someone). I liked the expression here while growling.
    7D II
    100-400 II @ 200mm
    1/1250
    f/6.3
    ISO 1600

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - The lion looks very skinny from this angle. I think this is one that you need sound for. Before reading your intro I thought the lion might be about to sneeze or was sniffing the air. The light is nice here. You can bring out some more detail especially in the darker areas of the mane.

TFS,
    Rachel

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

Sorry for late comment, thought I did add my thoughts here but I was wrong, glad I looked again:)

A well composed frame and great pose and "attitude" from this roaring lion. Subject's face looks sharp enough with good detail. You could try give a bit more definition to the body and especially limbs if possible, perhaps a curve adjustment would suffice? The FG - or ground the lion is walking on - could also do with some treatment IMO as it has this pale, lifeless look. Must have been awesome to get so close. Techs look good to me, on second thought I would have probably gone for a little more SS. Thank you so much for sharing, such wonderful sighting my friend

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea