Thread: Gorge WaterFall II

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Gorge WaterFall II

Attached Images Attached Images

This is the same waterfall as my last post. This is after about two inches of rain in under three hours. I dropped my polarizer in the water and couldn't find it. Probably went down in the gorge somewhere. About the same composition, i couldn't get as close because of the raging water.

Canon 5D MarkIII
    Canon 24-105L F4 IS USM
    28mm
    ISO 100
    f8.0
    3.2sec

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John

Sorry to hear about the filter...big oops. I prefer that last shot as it looks more 'relaxed, inviting'... This looks a lot more dynamic/dangerous and there is a lot less detail at the base of the waterfall (other than water..!). You also have processed the image a little differently I think as the greens are a little less vibrant than the previous post.. Still a nice image tho..

Don

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John, I like this image quite a bit, although it really could have benefitted from the polarizing filter you dropped...oops and sorry to hear about that. I actually carry a spare polarizer with me just in case. I would suggest a small crop from the left to eliminate the small fern frond that is poking into the scene...such a crop would also eliminate the small stick that is laying on the rocks and make the cascade a little less centered.